Tips for Perfect Nude Makeup
– The bottom line is to keep it simple, and avoid the use of too many colors. For the eyes, use a few swipes of mascara strokes or the liner. If it’s a nighttime event you are planning to attend, then smoky eyes can certainly do the trick.
– If your skin has pale undertones, go in for peach, pink, and washed out nude shades for the lips. If you have olive undertones for the skin, you can stick to cream or pale beiges. The main factor of this makeup has always been that the lips should look natural. Using very pale shades can give your lips a ghostly look. The best way to avoid this would be to test these shades beforehand. Avoid doing this just before your event or party, as the application and the removal of these shades from the lips can cause the lips to redden. Choose shades similar or lighter to your skin tone.
– You can try applying a simple lip balm, concealer, and a lip-gloss as well. Use a lip exfoliator before you try this look. This would make your lips smooth and nice to feel. Once done, gently apply a dab of the lip balm on the lips, and add a light layer of the concealer over this. Use a lip brush for the application. Avoid dabbing too much concealer as it may end up making your lips look muddy. Remember, the percentage of the concealer can be increased later. Let the concealer and the lip balm sink into the lips. Then top this off with a fresh layer of lip-gloss for a basic and luscious nude lip look. To make your lips appear fuller, apply gold or silver lip-gloss on the lower lips. Another option would be to use a high shine, shimmery lip-gloss instead of the basic, clear one.
– Dab a lip brush into the lipstick. Apply this on your lips and blot with a tissue. Reapply it altogether. This trick would help to keep the color on for a longer time, giving you truly gorgeous, kissable lips. If you must use a lip liner, you need to match it with your lip color. Browns or darker shades are a huge no-no.
– Remember to add loads of mascara for the eyes. Nude lips need to be complemented with smoky eyes, or a touch of mascara and liner, to complete the whole look.
For a barely-there look, go in for a foundation that is light in texture, and transparent with a powdery finish. Apply this in parts to get the right coverage for your skin. Remember, minimum is the basic point that you need to remember for the nude look.